Crypto wallets allow you to send and receive crypto, manage your private keys, and interact with web3 platforms like Orderinbox.
Step-by-step instructions to set up MetaMask
In this example, we will set up a MetaMask wallet using Chrome.
The MetaMask browser extension is also available for Firefox, Brave, and Edge. You can also install the iOS or Android MetaMask app on your mobile device.
1. Go to metamask.io and click Download now.
2. Click Install MetaMask for Chrome.
3. Click Add to Chrome.
4. A pop-up will ask Add "MetaMask"? Click Add extension.
5. Click Get Started.
6. You can choose to either import the secret recovery phrase of an existing wallet, or create a new wallet. Click Create a Wallet.
7. MetaMask asks you if you consent to provide some usage data. Click either No Thanks or I Agree.
Make sure you remember this password, because you will need it to unlock your wallet.
9. MetaMask provides some important information and a short video about your secret recovery phrase and keeping your wallet safe.
When you're ready, click Next.
Your 12-word secret recovery phrase is like your wallet's master password - as long as you have this phrase, you will always be able to access your wallet, even if something happens to your device.
10. a) Click on CLICK HERE TO REVEAL SECRET WORDS. Make sure you write them down in the order they appear, because you will need to enter them correctly on the next screen. b) When you're ready, click Next.
11. Select each word in the correct order to make sure you have your secret recovery phrase written down correctly. When you're done, click Confirm.
12. MetaMask provides a few more tips on keeping your secret recovery phrase secure. When you're ready, click All Done.
13. MetaMask will show you What's new. To close this window, click the X.
14. To pin the MetaMask extension to your toolbar, a) click the puzzle piece, then b) click the pin.
15. You will now see the MetaMask browser extension in your Chrome toolbar. Open it anytime by clicking on the fox.
16. To find information about your Ethereum account, including your address and private key, a) click on the menu icon and b) click on Account details.
17. From here, you can a) view and copy your Ethereum address, b) view your Ethereum account on Etherscan (a block explorer that will show you balances and transactions), and c) export your private key.
Be careful with your private key and secret recovery phrase - anyone with your private key or secret recovery phrase can spend your crypto.